Looking for some fresh ideas to add to your marketing efforts? Here’s our list of December Marketing ideas to try:
7 SOCIAL IDEAS TO POST
- On December 1 show off your Christmas lights for National Christmas Lights Day.
- Share a post on December 5 of your team volunteering for International Volunteer Day.
- Post on December 7 to encourage people to write a letter to someone for National Letter Writing Day. Snail Mail can always brighten someone’s day.
- On December 12 share a poll to get people to vote on the best decorated gingerbread house for Gingerbread House day.
- Host a Christmas Giveaway with the focus being on getting more followers, increase awareness for a specific product or service, or to spread some Holiday cheer.
- Share a post on December 15 of your team wearing ugly Christmas Sweater for National Ugly Sweater Day.
- Wish all of your followers a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday on December 25.
6 PROMOTIONS TO TRY
- Collect toys or gifts for a local toy drive.
- Promote and offer free shipping on December 14 for Free Shipping Day and promote on Social Media with this hashtag – #freeshippingday.
- Give a special discount on December 21 for the First Day of Winter and do a Winter promotion.
- Stay on top of Email Marketing to promote sales, products or services or share a special thank you to your customers.
- Finalize your Q1 marketing plan for the next year.
5 THINGS TO PLAN
- Choose a company or individual and have your team volunteering on December 5 for International Volunteer Day.
- Have your team sign and send Christmas cards to clients for Christmas Card Day on December 9.
- Host a contest for National Ugly Sweater Day on December 15 and have your team dress in their ugliest Christmas sweater.
- Have your team bring in cookies on December 22 for National Cookie Exchange Day.
4 QUOTES TO INSPIRE
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” — Roy T. Bennett
- “80 percent of success is showing up.” — Woody Allen
- “The moment you accept total responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you claim the power to change anything in your life.” — Hal Elrod
- “So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!” 1 Corinthians 10:12
3 TEAM ACTIVITIES TO CONSIDER
- Sign your team up to volunteer for an activity that can be Christmas-related. Making Christmas cards for kids or a nursing home or sorting toys at a donation drive.
- Have a gingerbread house-making competition (In-person or Virtual). Gingerbread Wars is a fun holiday themed-team building event for in-person and remote teams.
- Decorate the office for Christmas.
2 BLOGS TO WRITE
- Create a “gift guide” or “holiday party guide” on your blog, and mention how your products can help readers enjoy their holidays even more.
- Write a holiday message from your team.
1 MARKETING TIP TO GET DONE
- Optimize user experience. If you have great content, it won’t drive conversions without an excellent website user experience to go with it. This includes improving site speed and navigation, ensuring your content is easy to consume on mobile devices, and more.
Hope this December Marketing Ideas list was helpful. Check back next month for a new list for January.