Looking for some fresh ideas to add to your marketing efforts? Here’s our list of December Marketing ideas to try:
7 SOCIAL IDEAS TO POST
- On December 1 show off your Christmas lights for National Christmas Lights Day.
- Share a post on December 5 of your team volunteering for International Volunteer Day.
- Post on December 7 to encourage people to write a letter to someone for National Letter Writing Day. Snail Mail can always brighten someone’s day.
- Post a picture of your team wearing ugly Christmas sweaters on December 9 for National Ugly Sweater Day.
- Host a Christmas Giveaway with the focus on getting more followers, increasing awareness for a specific product or service, or spreading some Holiday cheer.
- Wish all of your followers a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday on December 25.
- Wish all of your followers a Happy New Year on December 31.
6 PROMOTIONS TO TRY
- Collect toys or gifts for a local toy drive.
- Promote and offer free shipping on December 14 for Free Shipping Day and promote on Social Media with this hashtag – #freeshippingday.
- Give a special discount on December 21 for the First Day of Winter and do a Winter promotion.
- Stay on top of Email Marketing to promote sales, products, or services or share a special thank you to your customers.
- Finalize your Q1 marketing plan for the next year.
5 THINGS TO PLAN
- Choose a company or individual and have your team volunteer on December 5 for International Volunteer Day.
- Have your team sign and send Christmas cards to clients for Christmas Card Day on December 9.
- Host a contest for National Ugly Sweater Day on December 16 and have your dress in their ugliest Christmas sweater.
- Invite your team to bring in cookies on December 22 for National Cookie Exchange Day.
- Plan a Christmas party during the month of December to show gratitude for employees and coworkers.
4 QUOTES TO INSPIRE
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway” — Earl Nightingale
- “It is remarkable how much long-term advantage people like us have gotten by trying to be consistently not stupid, instead of trying to be very intelligent.” — Charlie Munger
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” — Dolly Parton
- “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.” — Roman 15:4
3 TEAM ACTIVITIES TO CONSIDER
- Sign your team up to volunteer for an activity that can be Christmas-related. Making Christmas cards for kids or a nursing home or sorting toys at a donation drive.
- Have a gingerbread house-making competition (In-person or Virtual). Gingerbread Wars is a fun holiday themed-team building event for in-person and remote teams.
- Decorate the office for Christmas.
2 BLOGS TO WRITE
- Create a “gift guide” or “holiday party guide” on your blog, and mention how your products can help readers enjoy their holidays even more.
- Write a holiday message from your team.
1 MARKETING TIP TO GET DONE
- Optimize user experience. If you have great content, it won’t drive conversions without an excellent website user experience to go with it. This includes improving site speed and navigation, ensuring your content is easy to consume on mobile devices, and more.
Hope this December Marketing Ideas list was helpful. Check back next month for a new list for January