Looking for some fresh ideas to add to your marketing efforts? Here’s our list of January Marketing ideas to try:
7 SOCIAL IDEAS TO POST
- Wish everyone a Happy New Year on January 1.
- Post on January 3 for International Mind-Body Wellness day.
- Post a giveaway with a series of trivia questions for National Trivia Day on January 4.
- On January 15 show off your favorite hats for National Hat Day.
- Celebrate Martin Luther King Day on January 16 with a quote or tribute to him.
- Post a compliment to your followers for National Compliment Day on January 24.
- Remind everyone to have a little fun on January 27 for National Have Fun at Work Day.
6 PROMOTIONS TO TRY
- Give a snow day discount anytime your city gets snow and base the discount off how many inches of snow you got.
- Start a customer loyalty or referral program.
- Announce any events for the year or upcoming months to get started on planning.
- Reintroduce products and services to reach new clients.
- Finalize your Q2 marketing plan for the year.
5 THINGS TO PLAN
- Host a lunch and learn to help your employees learn new skills or tactics for the new year.
- Have your team clean up the office for the New Year on Clean of your desk day on January 11.
- Plan something fun for you and your team on January 27 for Have Fun at Work Day.
- Have your team bring in pie on January 23 for National Pie Day.
- Encourage your employees to clean out their inboxes during the week of January 25-29 for a fresh, clean start.
4 QUOTES TO INSPIRE
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.” — Ella Woodward
- “Our faith can move mountains.” — Matthew 17:20
3 TEAM ACTIVITIES TO CONSIDER
- Choose certain businesses or clients and do random acts of kindness for the month of January.
- Host a trivia day in the office for National Trivia Day on January 4.
- Plan a party to kick off the New Year.
2 BLOGS TO WRITE
- Write a “Getting to know you” blog and reintroduce yourself and your team to your clients and potential clients. January is a great time for highlighting your team’s abilities and skills to help build trust.
- Introduce a new product or service by writing a blog that talks about the launch of this new product or service you will be adding to your business for the new year. This doesn’t have to be done all at once, it can also be done in phases or stages.
1 MARKETING TIP TO GET DONE
Review your year. Take a look back into 2022 and look at what worked, what didn’t work, and what could be improved. Gather these ideas to go forward and have a better 2023.
Hope this January Marketing Ideas list was helpful. Check back next month for a new list for February.