Keep these tips in mind when working in Canva.
Canva is a powerful, easy-to-use tool to create images and graphics for websites, social media, presentations, and so much more. Here are some simple pointers to help you get the most out of Canva.
- Stick to a consistent brand identity.
- Use the same fonts, colors, and logos throughout your designs so that your audience can recognize and identify your brand.
- Set up a brand kit to easily access your brand assets.
- Understand the goal and main message you’re trying to communicate. All your design decisions should be made in light of what you want the reader to do after viewing the image.
- Use a grid or layout to organize your design elements. This will ensure that your design looks balanced and cohesive.
- Be mindful of white space. Too much or too little can detract from your design.
- Use simple, effective typography with a hierarchy: headline, subhead, body.
- Choose fonts that are easy to read. Use decorative fonts sparingly.
- Limit your design to no more than 4 colors. Too many colors become distracting.
- Keep your designs clean and organized. Avoid clutter and too many elements on the page.
- Spellcheck carefully and double-check your spellcheck.
- Test your designs. Make sure they look good on all devices and browsers.
- Make sure you are using high-quality, high-resolution images. This will ensure that your designs look professional and crisp. We recommend 300 dpi as a minimum.
- Take advantage of the Image Edit features. You can adjust colors, remove backgrounds, crop, add filters, and more.
- DO NOT USE Canva to design your main business logo. Logo designs are best left to the professionals.
- Do not design websites in Canva.
- Do not spend too much time on Canva – if your design is not working or you’re unable to achieve the result you want, then it’s time to contact a professional.
By following these best practices, you can ensure that your designs look professional and polished.